Tuesday, February 02, 2016

THE OWNERS of Abbey Quay’s popular fast-food restaurant Burger Mac have moved to assure customers that there is no truth to the rumours that they are shutting up shop and that work is currently ongoing to get the restaurant back trading as soon as possible following the devastating impact of the floods at the end of last year.

There had been quite a bit of speculation around Enniscorthy, particularly following the closure of Xtra-vision around the corner, that Burger Mac would not be re-opening leaving several workers there without a job, however, John Fortune Ltd, the company that owns the restaurant have said that this is not the case.

“There’s no truth to the rumours at all,” a spokesperson for the company said. “We will certainly be opening again in Enniscorthy. There’s a lot of work to be done. The floods, as you can imagine caused quite a bit of damage and then we don’t have insurance against flooding. The builders are in there at the moment and we’ll be back up and running as soon as possible.”

No re-opening date has been fixed for the restaurant as of yet, but the owners say they are doing everything in their power to get back up and running right away.

Burger Mac in Enniscorthy.

Burger Mac in Enniscorthy.

Comments are closed.

By Pádraig Byrne
Reporter
Contact Person: 0539259900

More Enniscorthy News

Wexford in full Bloom as groups awarded

The Wexford Echo wins justice media award

More by this Journalist

Man still missing after two years