
The UFC may not be big enough to contain Conor McGregor in the future, as the Dublin fighter said he is open to a boxing match against undefeated champion Floyd Mayweather.
Days before he takes on Nate Diaz at welterweight in Las Vegas, the UFC champion sat down with Gareth Davies for BT Sport.
When asked if he would seriously consider taking on Mayweather, something he has talked about previously, McGregor said he absolutely would consider it.
.@TheNotoriousMMA reveals to @btsport that he's open to the idea of a boxing match against @FloydMayweather. #UFC196 https://t.co/JobFZTba7g
— #UFC196 (@btsportufc) March 3, 2016
“I’m open to that discussion, come at me,” he said, before adding that any fight would take place on his terms.
“I hold the key to the fight game. I am open minded, I am open to discussion. I love competition, I love fighting.
“It would be nice to make that fight if the fans are interested and wanted to see it – and obviously they would.”
Mayweather would have to come out of retirement for the fight, having walked away from boxing in 2015 with an undefeated record after 49 fight.
But there is no doubt that a potential fight between the two high-profile stars would be a ratings and pay-per-view bonanza.
McGregor added: “I’m all about them numbers, Gareth”.

